Fall is here! This year has gone by fast; before we know it, the holidays will be here and everyone will be busy making pies, carving pumpkins, and putting up decorations. So, what should be on your “to-do” checklist this Autumn?
While we don’t have to worry too much about snow in the Tacoma area, it is still a great time to start winterizing your home and completing fall maintenance. Here are some great things to check off your list.
- Have your chimney cleaned: Even if you don’t use your fireplace often, sweeping the chimney is vital for your health and safety. Neglecting your chimney could lead
to smoke damage, uncontainable fires, and even fatal amounts of Carbon Monoxide inside of your home.
- Inspect your roof and repair any damage: Replace any loose or damaged shingles, use zinc strips or a moss killer to remove current moss and prevent growth, and cut back trees or vines from the area.
- Clean your gutters: With winter comes rain, if it was anything like last year, those gutters will be working overtime! Show them some love by removing any potential clogs and inspecting downspouts for damage.
- Change your air filters: This is especially important this year after all of the ash and debris in the air caused by wildfires.
- Wash Screens and windows: Make your home sparkle for the holidays and potential guests!
- Aerate your soil: Keep your lawn healthy for next year!
- Clean window wells: unclog the bottom of your windows and prevent leaks.
Hopefully these tips help keep your house in tiptop shape!