Five Tips for Staging your Home on a Budget
There are many different factors that come into play when purchasing a home. Often times, buyers are looking for a home that they could imagine themselves living in, a place that feels cozy and beautiful, even if it is just an illusion. So, how can you cater to your potential buyers?
Here are five great tips when it comes to staging your home.
1. De-clutter and De-personalize: Nothing shouts unprepared like a messy home. This is the last thing someone wants to see when they’re thinking of purchasing. Your personal items should be cleaned up and stored in a way that is pleasing to the eye. Baskets are great for this; they can be placed in cabinets or neatly around your home. Don’t forget about your pantry or closets! I guarantee at least one curious eye will look at those areas. Family photos and keepsakes should also be stored, you want the house to look loved but not too lived in. Professional stagers are adding a couple of personal photographs; ones that tie into a lifestyle that a buyer will like.
2. Paint the walls a neutral color: Just because you love that bright blue doesn’t mean a buyer will. Houses that are painted in tans and whites often sell faster as those colors make it easier to imagine furniture and other items not clashing with the paint.
3. Curb Appeal: This is number one! No matter what season it is, there is always something that you can do to spruce up your yard. Whether it’s adding some new plants, buying furniture for your porch or even just power-washing the walkway and drive, a minimal effort can make a huge impact!
4. Lighting: Are your fixtures starting to look dated or maybe they do not match well with the style of the home. If you look up and aren’t impressed, maybe it’s time for a change! Different lighting can change the entire way a room looks and with all of the different types of fixtures, it is easy to find one that will suit every style.
5. Define a focal point: this could be a couch or even a piece of artwork. When designing a room it is easy to get carried away with different elements and furniture. Adding a touch of earthy elements and landscape wall art generally appeal to all.